Louis is a core HR professional and astute mediator. He retired from the Group Human Resources Division of the NNPC as Manager, Employee Relations (ER) in 2015. As Manager ER, he was charged with the responsibilities of managing union-management relations and resolving disputes that might have arisen thereof. He successfully mediated and resolved several industrial relations disputes in the oil and gas industry, thereby saving the country huge costs, which would have been lost to industrial actions. While in service. He also sat in for the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, on the 13-Man Ministerial Committee, on the resolution of conflicts in the oil and gas sector.
He has over thirty-two years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, most of it was spent in conflict resolution practice. He holds the Bachelor of Public Administration. 2nd Class Upper, from the University of Benin, Master of Health Planning and Management from the University of Benin, the Honorary Doctor of Philosophy in Leadership, Social and Community Development; HONORIS CAUSA of the Evangel Christian University African Campus, Lagos. While in service, he served the country in several Committees, including but not limited to: the Nigeria Stakeholders Working Group (NSWG); Nigerian Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative (NEITI); Ministerial Committee on the sustainability of the NNPC Pension Fund; Independent Consolidation and Cushioning Committee; Committee on Socio-Economic Impact of Downstream Deregulation Committee, Committee on the Privatization of the Downstream Operations of the oil and gas industry.
- Accredited Mediator- Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR), UK – 2003;
- Certified Trainer of Managing Workplace Conflict, Mediation Training Institute (MTI), USA; 2006
- Certified Professional in Managing Workplace Conflict Mediation Training Institute (MTI), USA; 2010
- Fellow, Institute Of Chartered Mediators And Conciliators (ICMC), Nigeria,
- Member, the Panel of Neutrals, Edo State Multi Door Court House, Benin City,
- Member, the Panel of Neutrals, the Federal High Court, FCT, Abuja
- Fellow, Institute of Management Consultants,
- Associate Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK, and Nigeria.
- Member, NIM
- Associate Member, CIPM
AWARDS/ LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
- United Nations Public Service Award, 2020
- Crown of Peace and Leadership Award, 2019;
- AI Oil Gas Dispute Resolution Award 2015;
- Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators [ICMC] [President] –;
- Trade Union Congress [TUC] [Deputy President General 1] –;
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association [PENGASSAN] [President] –
- Omeziri Ndigbo 1 Na Nigeria, 2019;
- Garkusa Mattasan Arewa, 2019;